Tuesday 9 September 2008

Dishonesty will be paid for.

There once lived an old lady, who last her sight. She wanted to be cured of her blindness. She called in a doctor.

"I suppose I shall be able to cure your blindness," said the doctor, after examining her eyes. "I shall charge you £5,000 for treatment."

The old lady thought a while. "I shall pay you the fee," she said, "only if my sight is completely restored. I shall pay you nothing in case you fail to cure me." The doctor agreed.

The doctor called at her house daily and carried on with his treatment. When he saw the lady's furniture he was tempted to steal it. Every day he took away some of her furniture. He delayed the cure till he stole most of her furniture.

At last the doctor cured her blindness. He asked for his fee. "I won't pay you the fee," said the lady. "The cure is not complete."

The doctor brought a suite againist the lady. The judge studied the case. "Why have you refused to pay the doctor his fee?" the judge asked the lady. "Because my site has not been completely restored," she replied. "I can see all my furniture.

The judge has understood what had happened. He passed verdict in favour of the old lady. The doctor was not only to return the furniture which he had taken from her house but to forfeit his fee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Manaroju. I think you are doing well.