Sunday 7 September 2008

My imaginary Spider and Fly conversation

One day Fly is talking to Spider. Hi Spider! What a beautiful house you have! Who has built it for you?

Spider says "It's so nice of you to admire my house. I have built it myself.

Fly: You have built it yourself? Where have you got that fascinating thread from?

Spider: I spin the thread out of my own body. I have built a number of houses like this. The material is inexhaustible. I can go on producing thread till the moment of my death.

Fly: How strange! Would you please explain how you build your web?

Spider: Certainly. I shall be very pleased to let you know the technique in detail. Please come in and have a cup of tea.

Fly: No, no! I am not too stupid to be deceived by you. You plan to trap me in your sticky web and make a fine meal of me, don't you? I know you are a cut-throat. You spin webs to capture innocent insects and make short work of them. Good-bye !

No comments: